Deadline for applications was 29 July 2016. It is therefore no longer possible to apply for partial funding
The GBIF Secretariat offers delegates the possibility of applying for partial funding to attend the Governing Board meeting in Brasilia on 25-26 October 2016.
You can find the link to the application form at the bottom of this page. Please read the guidelines carefully before submitting your application.
The GBIF Executive Committee has established that partial financial support is limited to Voting Participants from developing countries in one of the following three groups:
- A country that has paid its membership contribution in full for the current year (2016).
- A country that has paid its membership contribution in full for the previous year (2015).
- A country that has paid at least 50% of the total expected contribution for the period that includes the current year and the two previous years (2014-2016).
The GBIF Secretariat offers partial financial assistance to support delegations from GBIF developing country Voting Participants attending the GB23 meeting in Brasília. Support may include partial funding of economy-class flight tickets and accommodation.
- Partial financial support is only available for GBIF developing country Voting Participants.
- Only one delegate per delegation is eligible to receive support.
Delegations must submit an application form (download link at the bottom of this page) that includes the following information:
- A draft economy class flight schedule from country of origin to Brazil and indication of the flight costs
- The number of days requested for accommodation support (up to a maximum of three (3) days)
- A confirmation that the delegate will be able to cover all other costs (visa, health insurance, per diem, etc.)
Support is primarily intended for Heads of Delegation. However, they may reassign the support to one additional delegate. In such cases, a written confirmation of this reassignment by the Head of Delegation must accompany the application form.
If the application is approved, the Secretariat will provide a lump-sum subsidy for accommodation per day for the number of days requested by the delegate.
Delegations are asked to note that the Secretariat does not offer the support up front, but the support will be provided as per reimbursement after the meeting.
Secretariat staff will inform applicants whether they can provide support beginning in early August.
Applications should be sent to the Secretariat at GB23@gbif.org. Do not hesitate to contact us if you need further clarification.